MANY ARE TOO PROUD TO RETRACE THEIR STEPS ; THEY SAY I HAVE TOLD EVERYBODY, THERE IS NO WAY I ‘M TURNING BACK
*7 Times God corrected Bishop Oyedepo when he thought he was right.
In 1985, God told his servant Bishop oyedepo, “Do what I say, no matter how much you have invested doing what is wrong”, I will be sharing with you 7 times God corrected Bishop Oyedepo when he thought he was right, read this post to the end, you will know how much you need the spirit of meekness to follow God’s leading. There are many who are too proud to retrace their steps, they say I have told everybody, there is no way I’m turning back. If you are in this position, read and learn. It is culled from the book “In pursuit of vision”.
- I never thought our ministry will have a church base, since I was called to liberate the whole world from oppressions of the devil, my understanding of the mandate was to be an outreach ministry, as a result I was anti-church, but God corrected him with these words,” Even though there are all kinds of churches, I have ordained you to set a pace in the church ministry”.
- We have announced to everyone the base of the ministry will be in Jos, we sent our staff one year ahead, they have prayed about it, but one day God said “ You didn’t hear Me, you heard yourself”, immediately they cancelled all the arrangements and stayed put at Ilorin.
- When the ministry base was in Kaduna, a time came where the people we leased the first property from refused to sell at expiration of tenancy, we had started construction work at a site where we had worked for about thirteen months, and the natural thing was to move there, but God said “Should you move to that property, that will be the end of the ministry”. Immediately, I asked them to remove the fence and cut off the iron rods that were extending the pavement, although the pillars planted there was enormous, but we had to obey God”.
- One day, we were on our way out of the country in our plane, as we flew over Port harcourt, the spirit of God said to me, “Turn back”. Immediately I asked the pilot, “ Can you turn around?” while they were waiting for us to arrive at our destination, we landed back in lagos and arrived home in peace. I don’t want to know what will happen if I didn’t turn back.
- We invested so much time and money in the “Harvest Basket” project in Lagos. Out of concern for the people, we wanted to have something like satellite churches, which would bring church closer to the people. We had acquired several properties in town, ready to take off, but God’s hand was not in it, so we abandoned the project and forfeited all the money spent in acquiring those properties.
- In 1991, we had a terrific open door in Japan, all the doors and gates of the nation were lifted, the emperor of the city had benefitted from our ministering there, a property was freely given for a bible school, God said “Although there is a need in Japan, you are not the one am sending there”.
- We planted some satellite chapels in kaduna some years ago, some unsavoury things began to happen with some of the pastors, I went to God and said, “ Lord, what’s happening?” His reply was, “Did I send you?” That same day, I sent vehicles to remove the pulpits in all satellite churches! One of the churches had almost 2,000 worshippers- the Expressway Chapel. Today, Kaduna church is one of the biggest and largest church in Northern Kaduna.
Brethren, reading these stories is amazing but put yourself in his shoes how easy will it be for you considering status and all that, some people can’t even leave a wrong marital relationship because of what friends will say, many that have travelled abroad for greener pastures dare not come home even though they know God is not there, some pastors can’t leave their ministry to submit to someone else because they can’t lose their G.O status, I challenge you today, take that bold step no matter how painful it will be, it will pay off tomorrow. God will honor his word and he doesn’t lead backward
I Love you !
For more visit https://davidoshinministries.xyz